3/13/2015

Mission Call Came Today!

My son John Michael Baadsgaard just received his mission call to the Copenhagen Denmark mission.

He is so happy to return to the land of his ancestors and deliver the good news about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Baadsgaard is a Danish name. John will learn to speak Danish. 

John will leave this summer and serve for two years. 

John earned all the money to pay for his own mission working construction and teaching piano lessons. This is how John expressed his feelings:
"I can't express how excited I feel to have received my mission call today. I have spent my entire life looking forward to these two years, and have always wondered where I would be spending them. Today I found out.
I have been assigned to labor as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Copenhagen, Denmark. I will be speaking the Danish language. I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on July 29, 2015.
I can't accurately express to you my feelings, but I can testify to you that I know I am going to right place. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior, and I am more than excited to get to share his gospel for two years."

5 comments:

shirlgirl said...

Congratulations, John, on your call to Denmark. I think it is wonderful. My niece, Sarah Whitcomb, just received her call to the San Diego mission and is so excited. She goes to the MTC the middle of May, just after her 19th birthday. May you have a wonderful time on your mission, and I am sure you will be awesome--as your entire family is awesome. Love you Janene.

Janene Baadsgaard said...

Hi Shirley,
It is so wonderful to hear from you. Thank you for all your kind words to my family. I feel like you are part of my family. I love you.

Tammy Dennison said...

John! We are so excited and proud of you. Tanner usually keeps his phone off but he turned it on a few minutes ago and saw your text. He was so sad that he missed you opening your call. He really wanted to be there. I was hoping your mom would post where you were going. So glad that she did. We all love you and know that you will be an amazing missionary! The people of Denmark are lucky to get you! Love, all of us Dennisons! :)

Tammy Dennison said...

John! We are so excited for you and proud of you! Tanner always leaves his phone off, but turned it on a few minutes ago and saw your text. He was so sad that he missed you opening your call. He really wanted to be there. I was hoping your mom would post where you were going. I am so glad that she did. You will be an amazing missionary! The people of Denmark are lucky to have you. We all love you! Love, all of us Dennisons :)

Janene Baadsgaard said...

Oh Tammy, thank you. We love you and your family so much.