5/29/2014

Happy Birthday Letter for a Twelve Year Old



Dear Emily,

Happy Birthday Emily! Can you believe you’re turning twelve years old? I can still remember the day you were born. We were dropping off your uncle Joseph at the Provo MTC for his mission to Quebec that day. We stopped by the hospital to see how things were going with your mother on the way.

I was so excited to meet you! 

Did you know you were my very first granddaughter? I was so full of excitement when I saw you for the first time. You were petite and oh so soft and beautiful. I remember the first time I held you in my arms. You looked up at me and I think my love for you burst into song inside my heart and make me feel so happy that I wanted to dance. I still remember how you felt in my arms wrapped in flannel.

I’ve been watching you and praying for you for twelve years. Thoughts of you are always in my heart. I’ve been so amazed at the wonderful young woman you have become. I know why you were sent as the first child in your family. You are such a loving, kind, patient big sister to all your brothers and sisters.

When I see your family drive up in my drive way, I get so excited that my heart beats faster and I start smiling all over. I’m so happy that you never forget to sit next to me and give me a hug whenever you come to visit. I always tell you I love you and you always tell me you love me. I especially love listening to you play the piano. It is amazing to me that your small hands can make such beautiful music. I loved watching you accompany your sister as she sang the last time you came to my house.

I hope you always remember that you are a beloved daughter of God, that your earthly and heavenly parents and grandparents will always love you and want the best for you. If anyone ever gives you any trouble, you just tell them that they will have to deal with your Grandma Baadsgaard and she is one tough cookie. You have a whole army of extended family who loves and adores you and is so proud of you.

Emily, you are smart, strong, brave, talented, spiritual, creative, fun, hard-working, powerful, kind and pretty much the most awesome granddaughter who ever lived.
Never forget how much your grandma loves you.

Love,

Grandma Baadsgaard  

2 comments:

shirlgirl said...

Such a beautiful tribute to your granddaughter, Emily. And Happy 12th Birthday, Emily.

Janene Baadsgaard said...

Thank you sweet Shirley.